Located in the heart of Glasgow, the University of Strathclyde offers a number scholarships to international students looking to study in Scotland.
The University of Strathclyde has a number of scholarships on offer for its postgraduate programmes in January 2022, and postgraduate research programmes for the Faculty of Engineering in the 2021/22 academic year.
All self-funded, international (non-EU) fee-paying offer holders* with strong academic qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Postgraduate degree programme applicants can receive a scholarship award equivalent to a 15% reduction in tuition fees.
If you're applying for postgraduate research degree programme, you'll receive a scholarship award equivalent to a 15% reduction of your tuition fees for each year of study. Postgraduate research degree applicants can apply year-round for the scholarships.
*Please note: For your scholarship to be considered, you must hold an offer to a full-time postgraduate degree programme that starts in January 2022. If you are applying for postgraduate research programme, you must start during the 2021/22 academic year.
To be considered for the Faculty of Engineering International Scholarship you must have a 2:1 (or equivalent) for your undergraduate degree.
Dean's International Excellence Awards
You can now apply for the Dean’s International Excellence Awards, worth £8,000 and £5,000. To be considered for these awards you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Academic excellence (usually a UK first class undergraduate degree or international equivalent).
- The potential to make a significant contribution to the Strathclyde community during your studies and in your chosen profession after graduating (assessed by information provided in the scholarship application form).
The deadline for applications to be considered for the Dean’s International Excellence Award is 30 November 2021.
Strathclyde Business School is offering a number of Master’s Scholarships for January 2022. The Scholarships will be awarded on merit, rather than financial need, to candidates who demonstrate all of the following:
- Excellent academic performance in both scholarship and master’s programme application
- Excellent academic performance (current and/or previously gained)
- Any relevant extra-curricular or professional experience and career development
- Who will contribute to the overall academic, cultural and experiential profile of the programme cohort.
Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis from the end of October 2021 onwards and the final deadline for consideration of applications will be 30 November 2021.
The Dean's International Excellence Award – Postgraduate Taught programme offers all qualified international postgraduate students a merit-based scholarship of £4,000 towards the first year of tuition fees of a full-time master’s programme in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
This is available for programmes starting in January 2022 only.
To eligible to apply, you must:
- Be able to study in the UK by the start of the academic year in January 2022.
- Have an offer of study for a full-time, postgraduate, Humanities and Social Sciences programme at the University of Strathclyde.
- Be eligible to pay full, international tuition fees.
- Have paid the tuition fee deposit before 10 December 2021.
Available for the following programmes only: MSc Education Studies, MLitt Media & Communication, MSc TESOL & Intercultural Communication, MSc Criminology & Social Policy.
Scholarships of £3,000 and £5,000 are available to new international students joining the MSc Advanced Computer Science or MSc Advanced Software Engineering in the Faculty of Science commencing January 2022.
Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis. Awards may be allocated early in the application cycle and so making an early application for admission is advised.
The university will be hosting a virtual postgraduate open day that will take place on 24 November from 15:00–18:00. The event is open to anyone considering continuing their studies through a postgraduate taught or postgraduate research degree at the University of Strathclyde.
The open day will cover the following areas:
- Learn about your chosen area of interest with dedicated live chats and live video streaming sessions from each of our faculties.
- The university’s experienced team will be online to answer your questions and provide information on fees, funding and further support services–including health and wellbeing, careers and accommodation.
You will also have the opportunity to hear from student ambassadors who will share their Strathclyde experiences and tips.